Updated June 19th, 2023
Thank you for choosing to be a part of the Business Tech BFF Community!
This website is owned and operated by Business Tech BFF LLC ("Business Tech BFF", "we", "us", or "our"), a Minnesota company whose principal business address is:
832 Overlook Place
Eagan, MN 55123
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or how we use your personal information, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy explains in as plain of terms as possible how we collect, use, share, and protect the personal information you provide to us when you access our website, purchase our goods or services, or engage with us on social media, as well as your own rights to the information we collect.
Throughout this policy, if we refer to our Website, we are referring to any website of ours that references or links to this policy. If we refer to our Services, we are referring to our Website, the services we provide to our clients, and any other related services, including sales, marketing, or events.
If there are any terms in this policy that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
This website is not intended for children, defined as anyone under 13 years of age. Anyone under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian agree to these terms on their behalf. If you are under 13 years of age, do not access or use our website or related products or services. If you are between ages 13 and 17, be sure you have consent from a parent or guardian.
We will delete the information of anyone whose data we have collected if we learn that they are under 13 years of age or if they are between ages 13 and 17 without the consent of a parent or guardian. If you believe we have collected data from someone under 13 years of age or between ages 13 and 17 without the consent of a parent or guardian, please contact us so that we may delete the data.
In short: we collect the personal information you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you participate in activities on our website, make purchases, express an interest in working with us, contact us, or interact with us on social media.
Provided By You At Any Time
- Name: We use your name to provide services, personalize your website and email experiences, and protect our business.
- Pronouns: We use your pronouns to provide services and to personalize your website and email experiences.
- Business Name: We use your business name to provide services, personalize your website and email experiences, and protect our business.
- Email Address: We use your email address to provide services, send emails about our services, send updates to our terms, conditions, and policies, and to request feedback. You may opt out of or update your preferences for emails at any time by clicking on "Unsubscribe" or "Update Preferences" at the bottom of our emails. Note however that current clients may not opt out of emails directly related to paid services actively being performed.
- Phone Number: We use your phone number to provide services and to send automated SMS reminders regarding scheduled appointments. All automated messages are sent from 612.662.4233. You may opt out of SMS at any time by replying STOP to this number. However, doing so will prevent both automated messages and messages written by our staff from reaching you, so it is not recommended for current clients.
- Website URL: We use your website URL to personalize your website and email experiences.
- Social Media Handles: We use your social media handles to personalize your website and email experiences. We also like to follow our fans and shower your posts with love.
- Type of Business: We use the type of business you run to improve and customize your experience and offerings, as well as the experience of users similar to you.
- Testimonials: We use testimonials you post about us on our website and in marketing materials. These testimonials may contain personal information, including your name and details about services we provided to you. If you wish to update or remove a testimonial we have published, please contact us at email@example.com and be sure to include your name, the location of your testimonial, and detailed contact information.
Provided By You During Transactions
- Business Address: We use your physical address to provide services, confirm your business entity, send occasional gifts and letters (no spam), and protect our business.
- Payment Information: We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your billing address, credit card number, and the security code associated with your credit card. All payment data is stored securely by our third party payment processors and cannot be accessed by us directly. Our payment processors include Stripe and WePay. You can find their privacy policies at https://www.stripe.com/privacy and https://go.wepay.com/privacy-policy/ respectively.
Provided By You In The Course Of Providing Services
In addition to the voluntary data you provide to us as indicated in the above table, we may also automatically collect certain involuntary information about you when you access our website or social media platforms, including, but not limited to your IP address, browser and device information, operating system, referring URLs, the dates and times you accessed our website, specific pages you view, how much time you spend on each page, your country of origin, language preferences, age, gender, profile photo(s), and other publicly accessible and technical information. This information is primarily used to maintain the security and operation of our website, for internal analytics and reporting, and to ensure the best possible user experience for you.
We keep your data on file for as long as it is needed for our legitimate business purposes (or until you ask us to delete it, as described in "Your Rights" below).
We process and store the data we collect from you, but we may also provide your personal data to third parties to assist us with processing your data or in the course of legal, civil, or criminal proceedings. These third parties may include, but are not limited to:
- Financial Transaction Processors including Stripe and WePay
- Customer Relationship Management Platforms including Dubsado
- Shipping and Delivery Services including Handwrytten and the United States Postal Service
- Database Platforms including Airtable
- Email Communication Platforms including Google
- Email Marketing Platforms including ConvertKit
- Web Messaging Platforms including Meta and ManyChat
- SMS Messaging Platforms including OpenPhone and Twilio
- Social Media Platforms including Facebook and Instagram (Meta)
- Website Hosting Platforms including Webflow
- Website Analytics Services including Google and Meta
- Website Heatmap Services including Hotjar
- Law Enforcement and Other Government Officials
- Insurance Companies
- Legal and Financial Professionals
- Advertising Agencies
- Successive Business Tech BFF Ownership
You have certain rights when it comes to your personal data, which include:
- The right of access - you may ask us to provide you with the data we have on file about you and which third parties we have provided your data with, and for what purpose(s).
- The right to opt-out - you may opt-out of any marketing communications by clicking the unsubscribe button in an email or by typing STOP in automated chat sequences and SMS conversations.
- The right to rectify - you may request that we correct or update any data we have on file about you.
- The right to transfer - you may request that we export and transfer your data to you or another controller.
- The right to delete - you may request that we delete any and all data we have on file for about you.
- The right to object and withdraw consent - you may object to how we use your data and, in turn, withdraw consent to our use of your data.
- The right to restrict processing - you may request that we limit access of your data to third parties, but understand that doing so many limit your access to certain Business Tech BFF services or sections of our website.
- The right to submit complaints - if you believe we are misusing or abusing your data, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority.
You may exercise any of these rights at any time, to the extent that they do not conflict with our business interests or the law. Please understand that we may require proof of identity prior to exercising any of these rights. To exercise the rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By default, your web browser is likely set to accept cookies. You may change this permission in your browser's security settings.
While most of our cookies are only transmitted one way from our servers to your browser, some cookies may include data that is sent back to our servers for additional processing and storage. The information we collect may include:
- Log and Usage Data: Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, the log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity on the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take), device event information (such as system activity, error reports, and hardware settings).
- Device Data: We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address, device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, internet service provider, mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data: We collect location data such as information about your device's location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location. You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling location settings on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Website.
How We Keep your Information
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we do our best to protect your information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
California law requires us, at your request, to summarize your privacy rights and provide you with personally identifable information (PII) that we may use or provide to third parties. You may also control who we can and cannot share your information with.
Law and Jurisdiction